Monday, April 9, 2007

The TV Set


Something new! A movie review!

This past weekend I went to see The TV Set...87 minutes that I did not regret spending $11 dollars on. It's been a while since I have actually seen a comedy that made me laugh...but this one did!


The TV Set is about a writer who is trying to get his show on prime time television. This film is hilariously honest in showing how a writer's original ideas can all be lost as a network tries to make the ideas more "mainstream."


Sigourney Weaver
as always plays a great condescending network executive, while David Duchovny plays the struggling writer. Semi- newcomer Fran Kranz plays the lead in this new television show along with Lindsay Sloane.


While this wasn't the best movie I have ever seen...it is definitely worth seeing in the theatres. Especially if you are in entertainment you will enjoy this film for its funny take on the business. I would probably see it again. Go check it out and let me know what you think!





2 comments:

Kalynn said...

I haven't heard of this movie before, I think i will go check it out.

emilykhughes said...

You definitely should...go to the Sunshine Cinema. That's where I went to see it and I liked it there.